Cooking dinner can be a big challenge especially if your are gluten free. Options can be further limited when have you additional dietary restrictions. I happen to have a lot of dietary restrictions, which is why when I discover a new recipe or an amazing gluten-free find I want to scream it from the roof tops! Gluten free pastas can be hit or miss in the taste department and lately there seems to be a lot of options varying from dry pastas to fresh pastas. I personally am starting to love fresh pasta especially if it is a blended gluten free pasta. RP’s Pasta Company hit’s this one of the park. Tonight I made gluten-free shrimp scampi for dinner and let me tell you it was delicious!!
Here is how I make gluten-free Shrimp Scampi…
- 1 package RP’s Gluten-Free Linguini
- 1 pound of shrimp
- 1 tomato
- Option A for those that are not dairy free 2 tbsp Del Monaco Foods Scampi Garlic Butter
- Option B for those that are dairy free 1 tbsp Spicely Organic Pasta and Spaghetti Seasoning
- Option B continued 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil (this is what I made for myself)
- olive oil
- Clean the shrimp and remove tails
- Cook RP’s Gluten-Free Linguini simultaneously while cooking shrimp
- Coat the pan with olive oil and allow 2 tbsp of Scampi Garlic Butter to melt or add Spicely Pasta and Spagheti Seasoning and additional olive oil
- Cut the tomato and put to the side
- Once melted, add shrimp and cook till they turn pink.
- After they turn pink add diced tomatoes and cook for a few additional minutes
QOTD: Do you prefer corn or rice gluten-free pasta?