As if life does teach hard enough lessons, running proves to provide valuable life lessons that has leant itself to a whole new perspective and view on the world. Here are 13 lessons that I have learned from running…
- Remember to always put one foot in front of the other.
- If you fall down, brush yourself off, get up, and get going.
- Respect and listen to your body.
- If you are tired of starting over, stop giving up.
- Take lots of pictures. Someday, if not today, you will be really glad that you did.
- Stepping outside of your comfort zone will put things into perspective from an angle you can’t grasp now.
- Nothing is not within your grasp, all it takes is 20 seconds of insane courage.
- If you don’t want to go for a run, just do it! You will feel so much better when you are finished.
- Always be ready for the camera especially on race day.
- Drink more water and when you feel that you have had enough water, drink more water.
- Be you and eliminate competition. The one the only you.
- Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.
- Running is fun! Don’t forget to wear a costume or even a tutu on race day!!
QOTD: What life lessons have you learned from running?