For reasons unknown to me I have been seriously craving chips and salsa for over a month now and simply can’t stop myself from eating it. One of my absolute favorite and easy meals to prepare for dinner is chicken fajitas. It is a huge crowd pleaser it is super easy, quick, healthy, and makes great left-overs, and it’s gluten-free too!
Following in pursuit of my November Goals, here’s how I make chicken fajitas…
- 1 pound chicken breast strips
- 1 pepper (I use only red peppers because they are easiest to digest, but feel free to use any of the color varieties)
- 1 onion
- 1 TBS of Spicely Organic Fajita Seasoning (I like it because of it’s ingredient list, paprika, onion, garlic, black pepper, oregano, and cumin. If you use a different brand be sure to check the ingredient list unnecessary added ingredients)
- Salsa (I am in love with Whole Foods Salsa freshly prepared in the produce department)
- Tortilla Chips (I love Casa Sanchez Organic Tortilla Chips, make sure to check the Sodium level, these chips have 0 MG of sodium, which is amazing)
- 1 ziploc bag
- Clean the chicken breast strips and remove any excess fat and place strips in ziploc bag
- Cut the pepper and onion into strips and toss into ziploc bag
- Add 1 TBS of Spicely Organic Fajita Seasoning to the ziploc bag and shake until all ingredients are well coated with seasoning.
- Distribute evenly on a warm flat skillet. Be sure to continue rotating and flipping the vegetables and chicken to ensure that it cooks evenly, does not burn, and does not stick to the pan.
- While cooking heat oven to 200 degrees and place tortilla chips on pan and place in oven for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- In a small ramekin portion out desired amount of salsa.
- Serve and enjoy! Sounds pretty easy right!
QOTD: What is your favorite easy and healthy goto dinner?