My absolute two favorite passions are running and traveling. What better way to see the world than while on the run! My theory is if you are going to go the distance and complete such a feat as running 26.2 miles, why would you want to run in your hometown when you can find an amazing locale half way around the world? While I might not be racing around the world in 80 days I have created a bucket list of races that I would love to participate in. Do airlines even offer tickets around the world? Anyway that is beside the point! Here is my top ten!
- Niagara Falls Marathon…(October 27, 2013 Buffalo, New York, USA to Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada.) An International race of two countries celebrating the camaraderie of running.
- Athens Marathon…(November 10, 2013 Athens, Greece) Run a race following in the footsteps of Phidippides, the runner who started this madness!
- The Great Wall Marathon…(May 17, 2014 Tianjin, China) The Great Wall of China speaks for itself.
- Le Marathon des Chateaux du Medoc…(September 7, 2013 Bordeaux, France) Runners run through 59 vineyards in the fabled villages of the Medoc region.
- Virgin Money London Marathon…(April 13, 2014 London, England London) is Calling me to lace up my running sneakers!
- The Australian Outback Marathon…(July 27, 2013 Northern Australia) I can only imagine how much fun is would be to run in the down under!
- Airtricity Dublin Marathon…(October 20, 2013 Dublin, Ireland) Who could resist a race known as the “Friendly Marathon”
- The Big Five Marathon…(June 21, 2014 Limpopo Province, South Africa) Running in the savannah…
- Polar Circle Marathon…(October 19, 2013 Greenland) I might need to pack a few extra layers for this race!
- TCS Amsterdam Marathon…(October 20, 2013 Amsterdam, Holland) The city of Amsterdam will always hold a very special place in my heart.
QOTD: What is missing from this list? Have you participated in any of these races? What is on your running wish list?