Thanks to Women’s Health Magazine and for being selected as an Action Hero 2014 I am very fortunate for this opportunity. While I was secretly hoping to receive super powers or at least a cape, I was beyond excited when I received my new sneakers from Ahnu Footwear. They were very gracious and sent me the Ahnu Sugarpine Air Mesh shoes. How could I not fall in love with these shoes? They were were named sneaker of the year 2014!
According to the Ahnu website, the Sugarpine Air Mesh utilizes the following technology:
- Breathable mesh upper to keep you cool and comfortable
- Waterproof leather and suede upper
- Vibram® non-marking outsole and slip-resistant lugs provide grip and traction on varied surfaces
- Numentum™ Hike technology with a lateral to medial TPU heel clip for neutral positioning and stability
- Gusseted tongue helps keep debris and dirt out
- Moisture wicking mesh lining
- Rubber toe cap protects feet from abrasion
- Dual density EVA provides extra shock absorption with heel and arch support
- Integrated nylon shank and arch support provide torsional rigidity and mid foot support
- Shock dispersal plate in forefoot for stone bruising protection
- Self cleaning lugs
From the trail to the city these cross functional ‘hikers’ are unlike typical hiking shoes. The first thing that I noticed about these hiking shoes was the lack of weight. Weighing at about 1 lb. 3.8 oz they feel like you are walking on clouds. Though my first time wearing them was not while hiking, but hiking through Disneyland. They definitely passed the test. Typically I am not in favor of wearing new shoes for long periods of time or if I know that I will be on my feet for most of the day. I however had not reservations with these sneakers. From the moment that I put them I knew that these would be comfortable. Having a wide toe box and being super light weight I think that it actually has improved my gait as my joints hurt less when I am wearing these shoes. Cute and functional double win in my book!
My only problem, though I’m not sure if it is actually a problem, but the vibrant colors for the spring line make it very difficult to select only one pair! I know that I can’t wait to discover the Karma and Gracie shoes for the summer! Be sure check out Ahnu’s website!
***I received Ahnu SugarPine Air Mesh Shoes for FREE through the Women’s Health Magazine Action Hero Team. There are my thoughts and unbiased opinion. ***