Welcome to 13 Going on Crazy’s newest and proudest edition, Tasty Thursday. Be sure to visit every Thursday, though I would love for you to visit everyday :), for a fresh, healthy gluten-free recipe and new favorite food! There is the misconception that being gluten free often means that you have to live without. As I journey down the road of following a gluten free diet I am quickly learning that just because I am gluten free does not mean that I need to live without. Often times you simply need to be creative, think outside of the box, and simply modify your old favorite recipes. One of my favorite recipes from my childhood is my mom’s baked chicken. The old recipe called for a lot of ingredients which I can no longer eat for a variety of reasons. I have tweaked and modified this old standard and made it gluten free and dairy free! I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do!!
Gluten Free Baked Chicken
- 1/4 pound chicken breast per person
- 1/6 to 1/3 of of Glutino Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
- 1 tablespoon of almond milk (I love Califia Pure Almond Milk)
- Garlic Powder Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Organic Earth Balance Butter Spread
- 1 shallow rectangular dish
- 1 bowl with a lid
- Pre-Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Clean the chicken breast and remove any excess fat and dip each side of the breast in an almond milk bath
- Place the coated chicken breast in the bowl with 1/6 to 1/3 of of Glutino Gluten Free Bread Crumbs. Close bowl and shake until breast is evenly coated in crumbs.
- Depending on your preference crispy or soft you have two options.
- Soft chicken place in a tin foil package lightly sprinkling garlic powder and paprika and then distributing 1 teaspoon of Earth Balance Spread across top of chicken breast and close tin foil package.
- For crispy chicken simply place on the pan lightly sprinkling garlic powder and paprika and then distributing 1 teaspoon of Earth Balance Spread across top of chicken breast.
- Place pan in oven for the last 40 minutes of flipping chicken breast halfway through.
- Serve with your favorite veggies and potatoes and enjoy! Sounds pretty easy right!
QOTD: What is your favorite easy and healthy goto dinner?