Ever wonder how to make gluten-free pancakes as yummy and delicious as Disneyland or Walt Disney World? Well close those laptops and roll up your sleeves because I have the inside scoop on this one! Lucky for 13 Going on Crazy’s reader’s Chef Chris shared his easy and delicious recipe with me! It’s as easy as one, two, three! These pancakes are not only gluten-free, but dairy-free as well!
- 1/3 cup per person King Arthur Flour Gluten Free Pancake Mix or Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix (Disneyland uses Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix)
- San Pellegrino Natural Sparkling Water
- Cooking spray (I use Spectrum High Heat Canola Oil Spray)
- 100% Vermont Maple Syrup (I like 365 Organic Brand at Whole Foods)
- a pinch of powdered sugar
- Whisk the dry pancake mix together with the San Pellegrino until you achieve your desired consistency for pancake batter. (The thiner the batter the better. It’s makes it easier to pour and cook)
Heat a heavy frying pan over medium heat. Lightly grease frying pan with cooking spray. According to King Arthur Flour, “the pan or griddle is ready if a drop of water will skitter across the surface, evaporating immediately.”
Pour batter onto the lightly greased frying pan. Bake on one side until bubbles begin to form and break, then turn the pancakes and cook the other side until brown. Turn over only once to ensure that they are fluffy. Serve immediately.
QOTD: Are you a purest or do you like to add chocolate chips, strawberries, bananas, and whip cream to your pancakes?