Granola bars. People either love them or hate. I absolutely love them, but have been recently having a difficult time finding a granola bar that meets all of my dietary needs and wants. Absolutely no dairy, gluten, or nuts, and actual ingredients that I am able to pronounce. That is a tough list when in search for the perfect bar. Being the baker that I am I started playing around in the kitchen with my favorite ingredients and low and behold I figured out how to make the easiest most delicious gluten and dairy free granola bars!
- 3 cups of gluten free oats (I love gluten free oats from My Oatmeal)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Pure Madagascar Vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons non-dairy Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- Step 1: Prepare Oven and Pan
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Line bottom and sides of a 8-inch pan with aluminum foil. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Step 2: Cook the oats
- Line a small baking sheet with aluminum foil and evenly add oats. Bake 5 minutes, mix oats, and bake for another 3 to 5 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Transfer to a medium size bowl.
- Step 3: Preparing Granola Bars
- Combine vegan buttery sticks, honey, brown sugar, vanilla extract and sea salt in a small saucepan over low to medium heat.
- Stir occasionally until butter melts and the sugar completely dissolves.
- Add heated butter mixture to the bowl with toasted oats. Mix well until all oats are coated.
- Cool about 5 minutes and then add 1/2 cup of non-dairy mini chocolate chips. Stir to combine. The chocolate chips will melt slightly!
- Transfer oat mixture to lined pan. Using a rubber spatula press the mixture into the pan.
- Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons of non-diary chocolate chips over pressed granola mixture. Cover then refrigerate at least at hour and a half.
- Step 4: Granola Bars
- Remove solid square granola mixture from pan and peel away aluminum foil.
- Cut into bars or break into pieces!
Store in an air tight container on the counter for a soft granola bar. They should be fresh and delicious for up to a week unless you finish them sooner!
QOTD: What are your favorite add-ins in granola bars?