I have a major sweet tooth and the one thing that I miss at Disneyland since I have gone gluten and dairy free is the delicious rice crispy treats sold on Main Street. I never realized how easy it was to swap in and out a few ingredients to make this a sweet treat that is allergy friendly. Without further ado my very own, TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE GLUTEN & DAIRY FREE RICE CRISPY TREATS!!
- 3 tablespoons Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks
- 2 teaspoons Pure Madagascar Vanilla
- 40 regular size marshmallows (I purchase fresh marshmallows made from Whole Foods Market Bakery & they are the BEST marshmallows I have ever tasted! And they are not filled with typical marshmallow junk!)
- 6 cups One Degree Organic Foods Sprouted Brown Rice Crisps (I have tried A LOT of gluten free rise crisp cereals and this tastes even better than the real thing!)
1) In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat.
2) Add marshmallows and stir continually until completed melted.
3) Remove from heat and add vanilla. Stir until completely combined.
4) Add One Degree Organic Foods Sprouted Brown Rice Crisps. Stir until well coated.
QOTD: What is one dessert that you miss since you went Gluten and or Dairy Free? (Be sure to comment as I might make be turning your favorite dessert into an allergy friendly dessert!!)